Sierra-at-Tahoe is quite a distance from Lake Tahoe. You can still see the lake, but nothing like Homewood where you felt like you could launch off a roller and end up in the water.

Today was probably the best day we had, it was nice and sunny with lots of fresh! They had anywhere from 10-30in. of new and the trees were amazing cause they were filled with all sorts of powdery pillows and other natural hits. The groomers were also goooooooood.

I don't think James skied a single groomer - he was always on the lookout for 'hits'. And this resort was FULL of really fun natural terrain stuff for him to explore and me to admire!


Then we ventured out to Huckleberry Canyon (in the picture below, the ridgeline that you can see at about James' waist line is in the middle of Huckleberry Canyon). That's where we found the deep stuff. James could've played all day out there cause the natural terrain is cliffs of varying sizes and pillows.

James found kind of a technical line he wanted to ski (the exit I think was a mandatory air to fluff) but ran out of time as patrol was closing the area behind us. The ridge we skied (I think it was the ridge visible in the picture above) was the perfect slope and about knee deep, I got some face shots on the way down! It was even better cause we got towed out by patrol so we didn't have to walk the 1/2mile out!
We had about 3 runs left after our tow out of Huckleberry Canyon, so James skied in the trees and I floated along the edges of the runs in the fluff. Until I came across "Aspen" and "Aspen West" and had to decide which of Aspen's ski runs I would take. I skied "Aspen" and ended up on the edge of a half-pipe!


