February Date - Skiing - February 12, 2011

One of the reasons I love Valentine's Day is that it happens in winter! My Visit Teacher and her husband both work at Deer Valley and for Christmas she gave us two vouchers to ski at Deer Valley.  (I just looked at the Deer Valley website and day lift tickets for an adult are $90 EACH.  Wow!  That was a generous gift!)

So we celebrated Valentine's Day a little bit early at Deer Valley.  We shared a bowl of chili for lunch at one of the lodges and looked for untracked snow.  It was warm enough that the sunny slopes had some interesting sun crust action, but mostly the trees were skiable and fun.


I just had to take a picture of James in the one-piece with his new skis.  Of course, I made him show the bottom of his skis because they match the one-piece!  We got stopped on one lift, where I could see the bottoms of the 4 pairs of skis on the chair in front of us - every single pair was a plain black base.  Boring.  James' set-up is definitely not boring!

At the very, very end of the day, on our way back to the car, we skied "Kimberly".  There you go Kim, proof that you are "More Difficult".  Ha ha!  Love you!


After skiing, we stopped at a little chocolate shop in the Avenues called Hatch Family Chocolates - where James had pre-ordered some chocolate covered strawberries for his Valentine.  Yum!  James doesn't know that there will be some CJ Sweets and Treats in his lunch on Monday - Carmel Pretzels and Truffles.  We also shared a Carmel Apple this weekend - special delivery by Clay and Kristen.


Happy Valentine's Day!