Two weddings, a family reunion and lots of babies... Jul 31, Aug 3, 6, 10, 13 and 16, 2011

Sunday, July 31, 2011 - My cousins (Glen and Rachelle Simpson) gave birth to their son - Faithful Andrew Simpson.  He had a knot in his umbilical cord and didn't survive birth.  Their situation (carrying a healthy baby to term and then losing him in childbirth) is painful and sad and very, very rare.  While I am so sad for them and pray that they'll be comforted, I also pray for the safe, healthy and uncomplicated delivery of our son.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 - My cousins (Jordan and Danielle Monson) gave birth to their daughter - Grace Monson.  I took a day off work to play with their two older kids (Thais and Skyler).  A big bonus for playing with two busy kids is being one of the first to hold their new baby sister!

Skyler sitting on the sign to their complex - Thais climbed up, so I spent half an hour lifting Skyler up so that he could also jump off.  We rode bikes, climbed on things, ate breakfast and lunch, played on the hillside behind the neighboring homes (tromping through bushes and dirt and rocks in our flip flops) and then washed Skyler's feet in the sink, watched a movie, took naps, and finally went to see their baby sister.  It was a good, busy day!

We went to visit Danielle and family a few days later (between wedding festivities), so that Grace could meet her Grandma and Granddad Price.  Here is Granddad Price and Grace - just 3 days old.

Our friends (Chris and Diana Elexpuru) also had their baby daughter - Lilly May Elexpuru on August 3, 2011.  A good day for healthy baby girls!

Saturday August 6, 2011 - Ashlee and Jordan Price wedding.  Shelby, Michael, Granddad and Grandma Price, Ashlee and Jordan, Doug and Suzie, Grandma and Grandpa Walker.  Married in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. Wedding lunch in American Fork. Reception in Alpine.

This was a busy, fun day!  I got a ride to the temple with U.Roger and A.Lynnette.  Then took over driving duties for GandG Price to get them to the luncheon and then to Danielle's condo for a visit.  Jordan (Monson) drove us up to the reception and then U.Roger and A.Lynnette were our ride again.  THANK YOU everyone for the rides!  It was really fun to visit with family all day long and Jordan and Ashlee just glowed.  Michael turns 17 on Aug 7th - Happy Birthday!  And everyone asks how my James is doing.  We all miss you Honey!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - Emily and Trevor Shuman wedding.  Married in the Bountiful Temple. Wedding lunch in Brigham City. Reception in Willard.

Another busy, fun day!  This wedding was a little closer to home and a weekday.  I went to the wedding and then to work for the rest of the day.  I missed the luncheon, but enjoyed the reception in Willard and a pretty sunset over the Great Salt Lake on my drive home again.  Trevor and Emily are honeymooning on a Mexican cruise - that sounds so fun!

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - Wunderly Family Reunion at the West Valley City Rec Center.  U.Glen and GandG Price picked me up and took me to the potluck lunch where we visited with Grandma's cousins and their kids and grandkids and great-grandkids.  The 'focus' this year was a celebration of the first Wunderly to immigrate to the United States - Rudolf Wunderly (Jr).  It was neat to hear stories about "Uncle Rudy" and realize that Grandma and her cousins knew that generation.  They weren't just names and dates on a family history sheet.  Next year it is Meta's family's turn to be host (that's US!).  Put the 2nd Saturday in August on your calendar!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011 - Little Bandito update!  I had my 36 week appointment today.  I'm measuring 35 cm fundal height, gained 4 pounds (too much ice cream (I love ice cream) and wedding cake these last two weeks.  Oops.), have a great blood pressure and Lincoln's heart beat is a steady, strong 135 bpm.  I get a little bit of heartburn - mostly after dinner.  Lincoln still kicks me every day, but he hasn't changed positions much lately.  I think I had a Braxton Hicks contraction last week and I know that I've been having lower abdominal cramps, so I think my body is prepping for labor just fine. Dr. Knowlton also checked my cervix for the first time today.  Lincoln is head down (yay!) with his little butt up against my ribs.  She says that I'm not dialated at all yet.  Which is good news because he's still got 3-4 weeks to go.  On Sunday (at 37 weeks) our baby will be considered full-term and whenever he chooses to come, he can come.  But even if he's ready, I'm not.  At the very least, I need my husband to be home (THURSDAY!).
  • Buy some perfume/dye-free laundry soap and wash all the receiving blankets, towels, and newborn/0-3 months clothes.  - DONE
  • Paint the crib - that's high on James' "To-Do" list when he gets home (THURSDAY!).
  • Pack or write up a "Hospital Bag" list.
  • I'm certain there is more to do for the baby, but I keep getting stuck on my "To Do Before James Gets Home List" and my "Back to School List" for James
  • HAVE JAMES FIX THE WASHING MACHINE